This 1969 album is a hilarious dance keeper. Having begun as a comic-book character this craze extended to records, quickly. Very fun. We have eaten SOOO much sugar this holiday that this song seems fitting. enjoy. The Archies!
The Archies are a garage band founded by Archie Andrews, Reggie Mantle, and Jughead Jones, a group of fictional adolescent characters of the Archieuniverse, in the context of the animated TV series, The Archie Show. The group is also known for their real world success, through a virtual band.
The fictional band’s music was recorded by session musicians featuring Ron Dante on vocals and released as a series of singles and albums. Their most successful song, “Sugar, Sugar“, became one of the biggest hits of the bubblegum pop genre that flourished from 1968 to 1972
- Jon Goldwater discusses 2012 and what lies ahead for Archie Comics (robot6.comicbookresources.com)
- Preview – World of Archie Double Digest #24 (graphicpolicy.com)
- Archie Gets Married (paradelle.wordpress.com)
- Archie Issues Reprinting Stories – Another Business Choice to Cut Costs? (comicsworthreading.com)
- MAC Is Drawing Up a Betty and Veronica Collection (bellasugar.com)