Oh Richard Burton and Julie Andrew, eat your heart out! Epic. CAMELOT opened at the Majestic Theatre in New York City on Dec. 03, 1960. Loved it. Keeping with our seemingly week long theme of Soundtracks.. CAMELOT is a solid album. It’s the original broadway cast recording. I can honestly say I don’t recall ever seeing this live or on film. Maybe I read it in highschool but it sure didn’t stick. I’m not gaga over Julie Andrews but she brought emotion to me in the first few minutes. note to self: Add this to my record movies wishlist.
The album is a soundtrack & a classic & opera but was overlooked in the Lovers & Duets the February special, oops. The album is well put together ~ from a time when they reviewd ll the characters, the play, the music history on a double wide feast for the eyes.
- Theater: Camelot (theinsurancebarn.wordpress.com)
- Celebrity real estate: The sound of Julie Andrews listing (bottomline.msnbc.msn.com)
- Rebecca Brown: “Julie Andrews Made Me Gay” (slog.thestranger.com)
- The Kama Sutra Of Vatsyayana by Richard Burton (bookloversuk.wordpress.com)
- Richard Burton and Magic of the Jinn (laf.ee)